Ilderton & District Lions Club is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our supporters that communicate (online or offline) with us, at events, over the phone, through our website and social media platforms.
We operate only in Ontario, Canada
The information we collect and when
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely used. The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us on this website includes:
- Your name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your address, records of conversations and agreements and donation and purchase transactions.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however, we require at least the information above for us to deal with you in processing payment or as a winner within our 50/50 raffle or other on-line services.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent that we will have stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
How we use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about.
- Take payment from you or give you a refund.
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps.
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- To win a raffle and receive any associated prize
Who we might share your personal data with other organizations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data.
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
Your rights over your information
Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed. We would ask for proof of identity and enough information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Correction Your Personal Information
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your Data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Giving your reviews and sharing your thoughts
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and/or their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Data security is of great importance to Ilderton & District Lions Club and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymization and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores.
- Never asking you for your passwords.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means: